Tuesday, January 9, 2018

"First Timer" Buttercream Frosting

*This is going to be a Part one of a Part two post. Simply because I got a Russian Piping Tip kit, and you can't use Russian Piping Tips without Buttercream Frosting. :) haha

First, I ordered and received my Russian Piping Tip Kit in the mail. Next, I had to find out what type of frosting to make to use my new piping tip kit with. Keep in mind, this will be the first time I have ever used any type of piping tips for cakes or cupcakes and this is also my first time making Buttercream Frosting.

I'm a very visual person. Which means, I tend to use Youtube a lot. So, I got to searching for Buttercream Frosting recipes. I was very lucky to come across a channel called "MyCupcakeAddiction". What a lovely lady and I love a lot of her videos and can't wait to try more stuff from her. I found her recipe for Buttercream Frosting, and thought "OMG how easy!".

I went shopping, bought everything I needed ingredient wise. Everything else I, of course, had right here in my own kitchen. Her recipe is very easy and simple to follow. I made my Buttercream Frosting, just as she did in the video. Only thing I had to do was actually add a little more milk than she did in her frosting. I think I actually added approx. 4 or 5 tablespoons of milk compared to her approx. 2 tablespoons.

It called for:
2 sticks of unsalted butter (8oz)
1/2 Vanilla Bean *Note: I used Vanilla Extract
5 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons of whole milk *Note: I used 2% Milk

I never really had Buttercream Frosting before, and if I have I don't remember. lol
To me, Buttercream Frosting is WAY too sweet for me. The recipe came out just as she said it would at the end if you made it correctly. I let my cake cool completely before trying to decorate my cake with the Russian Piping Tips. The only thing I noticed was that while I was piping on my cake and going back and forth using different tips that my frosting after a while wasn't sticking to the cake anymore. It was like the frosting was drying to fast for it to stick to the cake.

I want to say overall, it was a success/fail if that is even possible. I think her recipe overall is a wonderful recipe that you should give a try. Even a "First Timer" like me can make it.

MyCupcakeAddiction
Buttercream Frosting Recipe

 

No comments:

Post a Comment