Saturday, December 16, 2017

Christmas Snack

Christmas Snack

White Chocolate Pretzels

My grandma has always made Christmas treats for all of us to enjoy at our family Christmas get-together. Since her heart attack, and surgeries it has been harder for her to make things she enjoys. This year, my husband and I decided we would take on the taste to create one of my grandma's favorites. Chocolate covered pretzels. 

They are really easy and simple for anyone to make and you can find out how to do them anywhere. 

1 Bag of pretzels
Great Value Almond Bark for the picture above we used the White Chocolate but we also picked up Dark Chocolate as well. 
We used a double boiler, but the Great Value Almond Bark you can microwave. I prefer to keep the family tradition and use a double boiler. 
Fork
Wax Paper
Cookie Sheet (I used 2)
Optional: Sea Salt, Sprinkles, Coconut, ETC to top with or just leave plain. 

We melted out Almond Bark in our double boiler. Remember to always stir, if you use a double boiler you don't want it to burn. 
Once it is completely melted, I recommend adding 1 tbs of olive oil to thin it out a little. 
Drop in your pretzels and fork out, letting the extra drip off and place on wax paper. 
To cool faster, place in the refrigerator for a few minutes while you do more on another cookie sheet. By the time you are done with the 2nd sheet the sheet in the refrigerator will be completely cooled and ready to place in an airtight container. 

Now if you would like to add, sea salt, sprinkles, coconut, or whatever on top of them. Once you drip and place them on the cookie sheet, add your topping to them, before you place them in the refrigerator for cooling. 

I made plain, Himalayan Sea Salt, and used Christmas sprinkles and coconut ones. That way there is something everyone will enjoy. I'll be making Dark Chocolate ones today and the process will be the same way. 

I hope you enjoy this fun, simple Christmas snack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment